Friday, December 15, 2006

"Comprehensive Eye Exam"

Okay now, I am overdue for an eye exam. They recommend you do it every year but I haven't been to an optometrist in 2 years. My optometrist called me to remind me for my annual exam long time ago and I did not get around doing it.
My eyes started giving trouble a few weeks back so I was like.. lemme go check dem out. I called my optometrist but was told she relocated and left all her files with the person who bought out her practice. I was like ok, Can I book an appointment? The nice lady I spoke to said, Yes, of course. She got me a time slot and I felt happy. I now remembered that if you are between the ages of 18-65, you go pay for your own eye exam. We never paid for them before as my provincial insurance plan covered it. Anyways sha, so I now called the optometrist back asap cos I needed to know how much they were charging(IJEBU???) She said 80 bucks. I was like.. um, thanks. I will call you back to confirm my appointment. I started shopping around and found one for 64. While shopping around, the range I got was between 64- 105 bucks. I mean common, why would I in my right senses go and pay so much more for the same exam. Privatization is good sometimes but for basic health care, I think it should be regulated. On the other hand, I guess people like me will go for good quality for less money. What do ya think?

1 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Treasure said...

Thanks for your comments DeleB.
I agree with you. You pay more, you expect more. My appointment is for this afternoon, let's see how that goes.Will be back to share my experience.. so many things you can blog about. Hey DeleB, update your blog. I can lenu oro now that I posted 2 blogs in one day. he he he.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home